Flight Coordinator with experience in Latin America Needed
LightHawk is seeking an enthusiastic systems oriented Flight Coordinator to provide the logistical and technical office support for our environmental conservation aviation program. This is a full-time, Fort Collins, Colorado, office-based position with benefits.
As a member of LightHawk’s Environmental Program Team you will report directly to the Chief Program Officer. You will provide day to day logistical and database support for the flight program, and specifically for the Mesoamerican program during that region’s flight season. You will work closely with the regional Program Managers and Pilot Outreach Manager as needed. This job is about implementing and managing flight logistics and resources in support of environmental campaigns, tracking key data for analysis of our program outcomes, and providing support for our Volunteer Pilot Recruitment and Retention efforts. The position requires an attention to detail, willingness to provide great customer service, desire to make a difference for conservation, and appreciation and aptitude for technology to support efficiency and outcomes.
Coordinate aircraft, pilot, and flight logistics – You will schedule and coordinate aircraft resources, Volunteer Pilots, conservation partners, and flight projects via phone and online request system. You will ensure that all waivers, insurance documents, permits, passenger lists, flight objectives and outcomes, and related imagery are obtained and tracked via our CRM software (Salesforce). You will also assist in the preparation of required paperwork and equipment for the LightHawk aircraft during the Meso flight season.
Manage technology and data – You will have primary responsibility for timely collection and reporting of flight project data for use in communications, programmatic education, and fundraising. You will make recommendations for enhancements and improvements in the CRM system (Salesforce) for greater efficiency and utility. You will also pull data for financial reports.
Support Volunteer Pilot management, recruitment, and retention – You will provide support to the Pilot Outreach Manager. This includes obtaining and managing flight currency, insurance, and international travel information from pilots and managing volunteer relationships. You will also provide support for the Volunteer Pilots in expense reporting and reimbursement.
You will be right at home in LightHawk’s organizational culture if you:
- Believe strongly in LightHawk’s mission to advance conservation through the aerial perspective. What we do is more than just a job; it is a calling.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and complete tasks on time.
- Are an agile, creative, analytical problem solver with a focus on concrete results.
- Calm under pressure, and effective in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrate personal excellence, and enjoy seeing others achieve it as well.
- Are capable of working independently, as well as part of a team, both in the office and with remote team members.
You will be joining a fiscally stable organization with potential for growth.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 + years of experience utilizing and/or administering CRM software for process/sales support and analysis.
- Minimum of a B.A / B.S. degree, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an aviation related field (preferred but not required)
- Experience in a conservation related field (preferred but not required)
- Project management experience, including complex event planning, and/or logistics management.
- Bilingual - Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English and Spanish; with flawless attention to detail.
- Experience (1 year preferred) living, working, and/or studying in Latin America. Knowledge of and ability to navigate the bureaucracies of Central America and Mexico.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Flexibility and willingness to be on call or work weekends, as needed.
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with the ability to manage a variety of responsibilities/projects independently while working with a small, tight-knit staff.
- Strong customer service orientation and a collaborative spirit.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and experience with web-based software.
- Travel flexibility for LightHawk meetings. (Approximately 3 3-5 day trips per year.)
- A strong interest in LightHawk’s mission and methods.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, employer-contributed 401K plan, vacation, sick and personal days, reasonable flexibility in work schedule, and hardworking, supportive colleagues. LightHawk is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your application in the following format to email@example.com:
FROM: <your email address>
SUBJECT: <your name> -- Flight Coordinator
BODY: Leave blank.
This should be a single attached PDF file, named “Lastname, Firstname –Flight Coordinator.pdf”, for example: “Sinatra, Frank – Flight Coordinator.pdf”. The file should include:
- An original cover letter including the date you are available to start and the following information:
- Your interest in the position and the organization;
- Why you are the ideal candidate for LightHawk; and,
- How you epitomize the qualities we value in LightHawk staff.
- A list of three professional references complete with phone number, email address, and an explanation of their relationship to you. We will not contact references without your prior consent.
- A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your educational and professional experience as it relates to this position
We will not consider mailed or faxed submissions, incomplete submissions, nor submissions failing to follow directions. Please, no calls or emails with questions until contacted by us. We strongly encourage you to review our website before submitting your application.